Getting extra energy doesn’t always entail chugging down that caffeine shot! There are perfectly natural ways and workarounds for you to increase your energy levels to take on the day ahead. Here are five simple tips to consider for that energy boost you desire.
- Power nap. Never underestimate the power of a good daytime nap. You don’t have to fight the temptation of it at all, as recent studies vouch for the benefits of doing as little as 10 minutes of nap when you need it. According to research, the optimal amount of sleep is 10 to 20 minutes, helping you get through the day without affecting your night sleep or delaying it.
- Take a cold shower if you can. Did you have that research has suggested the wonders of a three-minute-long cold shower? This method can actually be enough to counteract the awful effects of chronic fatigue and help provide that renewed sense of energy.
- Improve your posture. Sit up straight! Slouching over the computer during work hours could lead to fatigue earlier in the day. Set your shoulders back, your lower back slightly arched, and your eyes ready to face the challenges ahead. What’s more, a good posture scores you points for self-confidence.
- Consume complex carbs. What you fuel your body with affects your energy and mood levels. For starters, eat regularly to keep your cognitive function going. You might want to favor whole grains as food for your brain. Low-carb dieters, after all, have been found in studies to have lower mood and more forgetfulness compared to carb consumers.
- Caffeine up if you have to – but in moderation. One cup of coffee is usually enough to get you going. Overdoing it can put you on crash mode, so watch how many you’re drinking. Chocolate is also a proven pick-me-up, with flavonoids in cocoa shown to be helpful in improving cognitive skills and mood.
Keep posted for more energy, mood, and brain performance enhancers on this site, and how you can get the most out of them in a safe and sustainable way.