Did you know that a deficiency in important long-chain fatty acids – which are required in regulating immune, inflammatory and cardiovascular pathways in the body – could be detrimental to your mental wellness? There is a wealth of dangers from lacking oils and foods with omega-3 fats, and they include brain-related effects ranging from attention issues to emotional sensitivity.
According to Fitday, and an online diet journal and food diary, it has been estimated that more than 90 percent of adults in the United States maintain too little of these fatty acids in their regular diet. Many conditions are then linked to a deficiency in the nutrient, including obesity, heart disease, and neurological disorders.
When have omega oil deficiency, you run the risk of suffering these physical symptoms:
- Rough, dry, bumpy skin
- Dry, dull, brittle hair and dandruff
- Soft, peeling or brittle nails
- Excess thirst and frequent urination
- Sleep issues including difficulty settling at night
When it comes to mental health and well-being, attention problems could include increased distractability, poor focus and concentration, and memory issues. The emotional setbacks of the deficiency, on the other hand, could comprise excess mood swings, undue anxiety, and depression. Let’s take a closer look at these two areas:
- Attention and learning problems – Omega 3 acid DHA, an essential component of the brain, compose about 60 percent of the human organ. If you lack DHA in your diet, the myelin sheath that surrounds your nerve and brain cells may not be enough. This could pave the way for learning disabilities such as attention deficit disorder.
- Depression and emotional issues – Studies have found that consumption of omega-rich fish climbs, depression rates drop. In countries eating more of these fatty acids, depression rates are also believed to be up to 60 percent less than others including North America, where there’s lower omega-3 intake. One reason: omega-3s are an essential part of the neurotransmitter serotonin, known to be a natural mood enhancer.
Now, how do you improve your omega-3 fat levels?
Your diet is always the first area to look at. Omega-3 fats HA and EPA, for instance, are primarily found in seafood including tuna, salmon, sardines, and anchovies, as well as in algae. ALAs, too, are plant sources of the nutrient, and they include walnuts and flaxseed.
Remember that you have to maintain a good balance of omega-3s and another essential fatty acid, omega-6. The usual issue is that the standard modern fare provides too much omega-6s, which promote inflammation and contribute to inflammatory conditions. Chronic inflammation, too, can contribute to brain fog, anxiety, and depression – proving the importance of maintaining good omega-3 and omega-6 ratio in your body!
Aside from optimizing your EFAs in the body, it’s also a good idea to explore natural brain health supplementation, which could elevate overall cognitive functioning and performance. If you’re already following a balanced diet, exercising, and smart lifestyle choices but still see gaps in your mental performance, a nootropic like LumUltra Brain Oil may be the key to sharpen your edge and gain a natural advantage in aspects like working memory, clarity, and keeping your emotions in check.
Are you ready to feel and perform at your very best everyday?
Optimize your brain performance with the most powerful Pharmaceutical-Grade triple strength Omega-3 Fish Oil today.